> without having to also remember a list of function aliases.

The whole point is to reduce memory needs.  I don't see how it could
require anyone to remember anything new.  It would "just work".  As far as
confusion goes, just bury the alias info in fine print in the docs.

CouchDB does this.  You can use startKey or startkey.  They did this
because they started with startkey which confused many, including me.  They
didn't even document it.