On 24/04/2013, at 23:50, Mikeal Rogers wrote:

> I feel really bad for people that ask incredibly simple questions on this
> list.

I feel really bad whenever I read *your* posts dismissing other people's work.

> The solution nearly everyone in this community uses is the async library:
> <snip>

How can you know?

> Its currently depended on by 1901 other packages.

Cool, but there's many many more than that users of node.

> It's the defacto-standard for flow control in node.js.

How can you know? (You *can't*)

> The only people that don't use it

The "only" people? Are you implying they're just a few? If not, you wouldn't
say 'only'. You can't know how many people don't use it.

> are people that prefer to do everything by hand

How can you know? (You *can't*)

> and people that wrote their own pet library,

Why "pet" library? Your prejudices? Dismissing other people's work?

> anyone asking this question is unlikely to fall in to one of those categories.

People asking this question want to hear valid answers for this question.

> This list fills up with people advocating the library they wrote

Which is fine. They're proud of their work and that's fine.

> that almost nobody uses,

How can you know? (You *can't*)

> which confuses new users in order to further their own agenda.

++prejudices

> If this is to be a place for new users to ask simple questions we need to
> find a way to discourage this behavior.

It is your behaviour what ought to be discouraged.

Bye,
--
( Jorge )();