On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Alex Kocharin <a...@equenext.com> wrote:

> Why do you want replication at all? I was thinking about it for myself
> recently, but I found out that there're lots of libraries you won't ever
> use.

One reason for replicating is to protect yourself against an outage of the
npmjs.org registry. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

> So isn't it better to write something like proxying repository server that
> would host your private projects, but proxy all other requests to npm
> central repository (with caching of course to avoid heavy load)?

Something like shadow-npm, for example:

https://github.com/dominictarr/shadow-npm

(Caveat - I haven't actually used this, I just know it's out there.)

--
Martin Cooper

email to nodejs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.