Alex,
 Response inline. :)

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2013, at 10:45 AM, Alex Kocharin <a...@equenext.com> wrote:

> Why do you want replication at all? I was thinking about it for myself
> recently, but I found out that there're lots of libraries you won't ever use.
>
> So isn't it better to write something like proxying repository server that
> would host your private projects, but proxy all other requests to npm central
> repository (with caching of course to avoid heavy load)?

We don't have any other choice, sadly - we have no network connectivity to npm
central where we have to develop from.

So our thought was to replicate against npm while connected, then take a copy
of couch/npm (even with a bunch of stuff we won't use) offline.

I would prefer to use some sort of proxy/cache, were we only pull mods we need
(ala Artifactory or Nexus in Java land) but I hadn't really seen anything like
that. Ill have to check out shadow-npm.

Andy