On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:38:47AM -0800, kk yap wrote:
> > I'm not aware of wording that says a switch may simply ignore a
> > command.  The transport is TCP (or SSL on TCP), so nothing is going to
> > get accidentally lost.
>
> We are saying the same thing.  I said "there is nothing in OpenFlow
> that dictates reliable execution of commands received" and you are
> saying "there is nothing in OpenFlow that dictates unreliable
> execution".  In that case, guess what is the minimum acceptable
> behavior?  :)

I guess you read between the lines in a funny way.  If I write a
specification that says "command A does B and returns C" and I don't
also write in that specification "command A always does B and returns
C", then I guess you would assume that it is OK for command A to do D
and return E or to not do anything at all?