Brian
The "Add this to my whitelist" feature in the HOLD function works so well,
why not consider this as email interface tool. That could open it up so that
the end user could configure themselves. Send an email to the NOXMAIL
account and it could email back a copy of the current user settings. X a box
to set a particular feature and reply. If a feature required further choice
the appropriate email could be returned for additional changes. X the box
beside the "get my current whitelist" to retrieve athe list to remove a
mistake.

The postmaster or domain or group administrator could have a different set
of email responders.

A couple of years ago I experimented with something like the HOLD feature. I
tried consolidating email addresses that failed and sent out an email. The
customer removed the addresses that were not legitimate and replied. That
created their whitelist although it only worked after the fact. I loved it
then because it gave the customer all the control and it cut down on my
work. False positives are by far my biggest problems. They take more time
than all the work I do towards junkmail. Hunt it down, try to figure out why
it failed, adjust, guess, sweat etc. When I adjust, did it throw something
else out of whack. Did I loosen things up so that I get flooded. How many
other things will I need to change to make the system run smooth again.
Letting the customer make the choice means far fewer false positives because
they get to make the fine adjustments.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks

David

> Hi John,
>
> I may leave the LOGFILEPATH setting in there but it will be
> undocumented and
> not supported by the remote administration program.
>
> Unfortunately, you can't always provide all the features everyone wants in
> every way they want them. In your case, you probably wouldn't
> have much of a
> need for the remote administration features as you manage
> everything manually.
>
> To make remote administration work using FTP you really have to
> have a base
> directory. It isn't really practical as a matter of support to
> have hundreds
> of different drive/path configurations to figure out.
>
> You could always run No-X-Mail from that partition. It doesn't
> care where it
> is.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Solid Oak Software]

Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/nox-list%40mail.noxmail.com/
Removal address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]