Hi David,

The problem gets a little more complex with an entire whitelist. With the hold
message, each one has a specific ID.

Say your whitelist was sent to you as:

[ ][EMAIL PROTECTED]
[ ][EMAIL PROTECTED]
[ ][EMAIL PROTECTED]
[ ][EMAIL PROTECTED]
[ ][EMAIL PROTECTED]

The instructions might be to x all the valid ones and reply.

If you leave this message in your sent mail folder, any one who may have
access to your computer can resend it at any time.

With the HOLD notification, the worst that could happen is that that single
messages sender could be whitelisted.

This is what presents the problem. To make it secure then some sort of
database has to be defined to track open reference numbers, with a allowable
time limit for the user to respond. In other words, it can get rather
complicated.

Brian

On 01/09/03 10:50am you wrote...