hi

  thanks for reply. my problem is there is no inforamtion when data is send
from source node and there is no information when packet is dorpped (as there
is no s and d in first colum) and i go to analysis this file all analysis files
like throughput, jitter and all other work with s and r and d in starting. i
can't analysis this tracefile.
i am not expert in linux and in  ns2. can u please suggest me how to analysis
these type of trace files.
thanks in advance

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 Daniel Mahrenholz wrote :
>Hi,
>
>harpreet schrieb:
>>   Hi.
>>I want to analysis trace file which looks like (not exactly ) data given
>>below.
>>Here are NS Manual's example
>>+ 1.84375 0 2 cbr 210 ------- 0 0.0 3.1 225 610
>>- 1.84375 0 2 cbr 210 ------- 0 0.0 3.1 225 610
>>r 1.84471 2 1 cbr 210 ------- 1 3.0 1.0 195 600
>>r 1.84566 2 0 ack 40 ------- 2 3.2 0.1 82 602
>>+ 1.84566 0 2 tcp 1000 ------- 2 0.1 3.2 102 611
>>- 1.84566 0 2 tcp 1000 ------- 2 0.1 3.2 102 611
>>r 1.84609 0 2 cbr 210 ------- 0 0.0 3.1 225 610
>>+ 1.84609 2 3 cbr 210 ------- 0 0.0 3.1 225 610
>>d 1.84609 2 3 cbr 210 ------- 0 0.0 3.1 225 610
>>- 1.8461 2 3 cbr 210 ------- 0 0.0 3.1 192 511
>>r 1.84612 3 2 cbr 210 ------- 1 3.0 1.0 196 603
>>+ 1.84612 2 1 cbr 210 ------- 1 3.0 1.0 196 603
>>- 1.84612 2 1 cbr 210 ------- 1 3.0 1.0 196 603
>>+ 1.84625 3 2 cbr 210 ------- 1 3.0 1.0 199 612
>>
>>Ok. last field is packet identifier right? and it's unique.
>>But 1st line 610 packet enque and next deque. but 7th line 610 packet again
>>received and enque and dropped.
>>How can this happen? packet identifier is not unique?
>>
>Line 1: packet #610 enqueued on node 0
>Line 2: packet #610 dequeued on node 1
>Line 7: packet #610 received on node 2 from node 0
>Line 8: packet #610 enqueued on node 2 (now with new destination / next hop 3)
>Line 9: packet #610 dropped
>
>If you receive a packet, the receiver is still the destination.
>
>Hope this clearifies you problem.,
>Daniel.
>
>-- Dr.-Ing. Daniel Mahrenholz
>rt-solutions.de GmbH