Hi,

   I already made the same question, i'm using the NIST WiMAX module,
and the trace files are hard to analyse. So what i did was to use this
method: http://140.116.72.80/~smallko/ns2/tool_en.htm  ,made by
Chih-Heng, Ke.

 With the c++ functions you get 2 files which the default name is "rd"
and "sd".  This files are easy to analyse, and i'm getting results
that "look good", but unfortunately i can't tell if it is reliable
method to use, i'm just using, the best thing was to know exactly how
to interpert the trace files, but for me, at this moment i don't have
time.
 I already asked in the forum but i got no opinions about the method.

kindly, Tiago Junqueira