Hello Ankur,

                 Where exactly you reaching ? getting error while dual
installation i mean, after installing ns2.34? and as you said that ns2.28
require older version that is right but changing some c++ file and version
in make file help you to compile even in newer version . you can post your
error if you get any. i will try to solve .

regards
naren tada

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM, ankur goyal <dream.an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Naren,
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> I have few more queries:
>
> 1) Is it possible to install NS2.28 version in ubuntu 10.04 along with
> NS2.34 because, NS2.28 need older version of otcl and Tcl/tk, while NS2.34
> require comparatively newer version, since both the conditions cannot be
> fulfilled at the same time so shouldn't be there any problem installing both
> the versions?
> 2) After installing any NS2 version we usually set the path variables so
> that we can execute them from any directory, doesnt copying the executables
> from "ns-allinone-2.34/bin directory copy all executable file and past in
> user/local/bin.." changes the path variables?
>

> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Naren Tada <naren.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> yes,Ankur
>>  you can install and could enjoy one at a time ..just install both in
>> separate directory .
>> when  you want to run NS2.34 go to the  ns-allinone-2.34/bin directory
>> copy all executable file and past in user/local/bin..
>> and if you only want to run NS2.28 version then do the same as above it
>> will inactive your latest version and active NS2.28
>>
>> hope it will work.
>> Best regards
>> Naren V. Tada
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:49 PM, ankur goyal <dream.an...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I want to install NS2.34 and NS2.28 both the versions in Ubuntu 10.04 and
>>> would like to work on both the versions.
>>>
>>> I did lot of search in NS2 old posts and google but did not find much
>>> satisfactory answer and so i am posting this query again.
>>>
>>> 1) How shall i install both the versions in ubuntu 10.04 (i already have
>>> NS2.34 installed and now want to install NS2.28 as well).