Hello Tom,

thank you for your reply.
I assumed, that mentioned warnings are root cause of my problem, because
from my point of view, there is nothing that could cause problem.
But as you said, you do not have this problem, so cause will be probably
elsewhere - but I have no idea where it could be.

I have normally installed ns-2.35 (./install), set enviroment variables as
requested and validate installation (./validate) - everything successful.
Everything works fine for me except DCCP agents, which returns error
message (please see attachement). I tried to run simulations with another
agents like TCP Newreno, Vegas, Linux and it runs well.

Do you have any idea or advice on possible causes of this issue ?
Thank you in advance.

Martin Pirhac

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Tom Henderson <t...@tomh.org> wrote:

> On 11/07/2011 06:15 AM, Martin Pirhac wrote:
>
>> Hello Tom,
>>
>> Is there any recommended version of gcc compiler, which should be used
>> to install ns-2.35 ?
>> I compiled ns-2.35 on Ubuntu10.04. with gcc-4.4. compiler and I get
>> several warnings, which result in that DCCP agents does not work for me :(
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>> Martin Pirhac
>>

> I just tried this on Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS system (gcc-4.4.3), and:
> - I see the warnings you mention above
> - however, ns tcl/ex/dccp.tcl does run for me (and generates a huge trace
> file).  Are you sure it does not work for you, or are you guessing that the
> warnings are causing a problem?
>
> There is no validation/regression test suite or known good output so it
> appears not easy to tell whether this model works.
>
> - Tom
>
> - Tom

pop@Pop-PC:~/Plocha/ns-allinone-2.35/ns-2.35/tcl/ex$ ns dccp.tcl

invalid command name "Agent/DCCP/TCPlike"
    while executing
"Agent/DCCP/TCPlike create _o1575 "
    invoked from within
"catch "$className create $o $args" msg"
    invoked from within
"if [catch "$className create $o $args" msg] {
if [string match "__FAILED_SHADOW_OBJECT_" $msg] {
delete $o
return ""
}
global errorInfo