From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
rosspi...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:08 AM
To: tim.ro...@btconnect.com
Cc: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [NSP] Re: curious pipes on ebay

I was unable to download the electronic pipes reference you posted so I
have no idea what it is about: I certainly have had nothing to do with
electronic pipes.
I used to sort out pipes from different makers to get them playing well
and in tune if the original maker was deceased or seemingly unable to
satisfy the customer when having been taken back to the maker. I used
to do this with Bill Hedworths pipes until I gave Bill the 'correct'
hole positions which improved things and for which he was quite
grateful. With David's pipes I was unable to make a similar arrangement
but knew what to do mainly with the chanter tuning to get his sets
working very well indeed. However I called a moritorium on these
adjustments some years ago now as it was stopping my own work from
being produced. It is possble that the set John Dally refers to was one
of the earlier sets I did fettle and would be playing well as long as
the reeds are OK.
Colin R