Sorry Barry I cant agree with you there.

I would argue that just because the forum is called 'Northumbrian Smallpipes', doesn't mean that topics that are reference points to locate the cultural context of the music, and the pipes themselves, are not relevant, and as you suggest are therefore to be just tolerated.

The culture and the music is intertwined with the pipes and they also refer to other genres, instruments and cultures. How can you separate them?

If we want to regulate this forum to a technical reference tool by discounting the other 'stuff' ,then In my opinion the site would be less informative, and restrictive.

If you want the title to be the measure of the discussion, maybe a longer title might help.

Stephen Douglass