From: nswolves@googlegroups.com [mailto:nswolves@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of LEESE Matthew
Sent: Monday, 13 February 2012 9:01 AM
To: nswolves@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [NSWolves] Wolves v Baggies

We'll be told how devastated they all are but that they're a great bunch of
lads who will keep working for each other, for him and for the fans. It'll
be the worst performance of his tenure at Wolves (we've had a few of these
now, each one setting a new low - how bad does it have to get before it
becomes unacceptable?) and not what is normally associated with a Mick
McCarthy team (despite the fact that this sort of shite is exactly what is
now associated with a Mick McCarthy team) but he's sure there will be a
positive reaction to it (the most positive reaction we could see to this
would be for Morgan to replace him).

Poor team selection again last night - in trying to find places for his
favourite players we end up with a striker playing at right midfield despite
the fact he's signed a number of players specifically for this position.
Ward and Edwards were classic examples of one of my biggest gripes with
McCarthy now - picking players based on their lung capacity and willingness
to put in a shift ahead of footballing ability (people have been somewhat
blinded this year by Ward's 'energy' going forwards but as pointed out a
number of times by David Pleat last night, he's a shithouse left back)..
There's a need for grafters in the team but there has to be a mix. I don't
understand McCarthy's insistence on buying players that he then tries to
mould in his 'graft' ethos - you know when you buy a payer what their game's
about. If he manages it it invariably makes them worse players (Milijas is a
prime example), if he doesn't manage it he doesn't play them. We have enough
talent and variation in the squad to be able to put out a team that includes
graft with a bit of guile but he insists on a completely 1 dimensional game
plan based around his idea of everybody 'putting in a shift'. It was
effective in the Championship, its not enough in the Premiership.

  _____