Hi Chof,

So, alternative way is to use ASCII pTeX for Japanese. Basically looks no
problem
but I worry eTeX extension features. Is it possible to run ConTeXt without
eTeX
extension features, Hans?

in principle yes, but you loose xml handling and a few other things.

My suggestion for supporting CJK characters in ConTeXt is to write a new
module
using e-Omega. Even though e-Omega does not produce PDF format directly,
there are not much problem with DVIPDFMx.

sounds ok to me

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]