Idris S Hamid wrote:

> The aleph list may be able to serve as an appropriate place for many
> questions
> related to multidirectional or multilingual typesetting under ConTeXt, if
> it
> seems that the regular ConTeXt list is getting clogged. Put another way,
> these
> two lists will probably suffice. For example, some of u mentioned a
> possible
> CJK module for e-Omega; details of that might seem appropriate for the
> aleph
> list. As Arabic, Hebrew, and CJK modules are built for ConTeXt the aleph
> list
> may come in handy to share and/or consolidate ideas, with a view to
> helping the
> future multilingual development of ConTeXt remain consistent.

I agree that there should be another list for e-Omega (Aleph) where we can
discuss implementing multilingual code for ConTeXt, because I think it's a
bit off-topic for the regular ConTeXt list.

But on the other hand, I also support Hong Feng when he wants to create a
mailing list just for the developers of the CJK package. Or maybe just a
temporary list, just for organizational reasons.

Also a reason is that it's not already sure if e-Omega is the best option
for this (although after using Giuseppe's latest e-Omega version, I think it
is the best option) and that the creation of the CJK module will need
discussions that have nothing to do with e-Omega, like implementing CJK
chapter headings, East Asian line breaking and numbering systems. Although
some of these are ConTeXt related problems, it's a bit off-topic for the
general ConTeXt list, but also off-topic for the e-Omega list. (Of course,
when the developers of the CJK module decide to use e-Omega to implement
their outcome of the discussions, they can use the e-Omega list)

Anyway, these are my thoughts about it, and it's getting past my bedtime.
I'm sure that someone can persuade me to think otherwise! :-)

Sleep well,
Tim