A solution of my probleme could be reformule to : How can I configure the \setuptyping environment to be able to keep the normal feature of special TeX caracters like: - \ - { and } and [ and ] - $ Well I agree that it's no more "typing" any more! So a special option for \setuplines would be more appropriate?