Hi Gavin

Thank four your effort. I found out, that the following definition of a new
unit, i called it SI, results also in a correct spaceing in the math
environment:

\defineunit[SI][alternative=text]

It seems, that the option alternative=text solves the problem with no spaces
between value and unit in the math environment.

Maybe this can be used to solve it easier in the code. I will have a look at
phys-dim to solve it directly, if I find the time.

Best regards
Oli