On 10/13/2022 1:52 PM, Gavin via ntg-context wrote:
Hi Oli,

Thank four your effort. I found out, that the following definition of a new
unit, i called it SI, results also in a correct spaceing in the math
environment:

\defineunit[SI][alternative=text]

It seems, that the option alternative=text solves the problem with no spaces
between value and unit in the math environment.

That is a terrific solution that doesn’t require any messing with
phys-dim.mkxl. You do not need to define a new unit. I got your result using
this line:

\setupunits[alternative=text]

This fixed the most significant problems with \unit in most situations. I’m
still applying some of my solutions as well.
I'll look into it (with Mikael as some relates to math) once you're done playing and provide suggestions and tests.