On 4/11/2023 12:00 PM, Carlos via ntg-context wrote:

and belongs to TeX Live?

well, i suppose there is a non-empty copy in texlive but an empty one can go indeed

Here we go! Back to point A where we were at before
as alan pointed out: just install with the lmtx installer in a path separate
from tex live, set the path and you're done; don't try to mix texlive with a
adapted of standalone, texlive has its own context package and updates etc;
keep them separated

alright. That's fine. That's what I thought.

So copy over the mtxrun binary on texmf-linux-64/bin to context and call it a
day?
as long as the five mentioned files are there (and best hand mtxrun, context and luametatex the same so use links) ... luametatex is the engine as well as stub runner (runs the luatex file in the same path with the same name and suffix lua)