On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 05:57:30PM +0200, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> On 4/11/2023 3:13 PM, Carlos via ntg-context wrote:
>
> > But where is actually luametatex under the standalone sources
> just in the bin path

thanks Hans.

Didn't have the time to look at et . Looking at a small display on
this system and sort of like going blind .

Regarding old mkiv,  I didn't have the time to delve more into it,
but I think (couuld be wrong here) The script installation first-setup
for that old mkiv is not as straightforward as lmtx is, and to
top it off I had downloaded the modules only

With the former I had to manually create the dir temxf-linux-64
whereas with lmtx installation was smooth right after

that's why when I read the resolvers output I had pointed it out to
Aditya that it was looking over and over for that dir to no
avail (of course: the dir was never there; it was never created)

Path is always a problem as you know. On gnu/linux bash init file means
nothing, as most likely a profile file that supersedes it sets it up
regardless of sessions and how many times logging off and rebooting ,
but the problem woudlnt' stop there as long as texmf is there

I can probably venture out and say that even then, even then… it doesn't
 mean nothing while texmf is still there .

what is mtxrun --script cache going to erase let alone /generate
while texmf is in place? the chances are nil, nada, iteración infinita

It's not going to happen. and an unknown script context.lua mtx-context.lua
will certainly pop up all over again

only after moving/removing texmf it'd go through or else it won't .

then yes

context --luatex --generate
context --luatex --make
or
context --make

p.s

and all of the above over a lucida sans that was my own misconfiguration
that's hilarious :)

Hans. sorry but I just couldn't stop thinking about it. All over a sans
font. Seriously.

> Hans

>        tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl

Blinding speed can compensate for a lot of deficiencies.
                -- David Nichols