Am 08.03.24 um 18:50 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context:
Dear list,

the following latest gets differents results when compiled with MkXL and
MkIV (in current latest from 2024.03.05 11:26):

   \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Termes]
     [features={default, quality},
      it={style: regular, features:{default, quality, slanted}},
      sl={style: regular, features:{default, quality, slanted}}]

   \setupbodyfontenvironment
       [default]
       [em=italic]

   \setupbodyfont[mainface]
   \starttext
   \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
   a\\
   \em b\\
   \em c\\
   \em d\\
   \stopTEXpage
   \stoptext

LMTX gets b, c and d in slanted form.

LuaTeX gets only b and c in slanted form.

With latest LMTX (2024.03.05), b and d are slanted, as I would expect.

This might be just a test case, but I’d avoid switches like \em without grouping.

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /