Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 08.03.2024 um 19:39:
On 3/8/24 19:09, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 08.03.2024 um 18:50:
[...]
LMTX gets b, c and d in slanted form.

LuaTeX gets only b and c in slanted form.
[...]
I get b and d in italic which is the expected output.

Sorry, my LuaTeX is getting slanted b and d ("c" was my typo).

But I see what was causing my issue (line from
~/texmf/texmf-local/cont-loc.mkxl):

   \enableexperiments[fonts.compact]

Which seeems weird to me. Or at least, I thought I read that Hans
enabled it by default in LMTX.

AFAIR Hans uses the setting in his own documents.

Then my question is whether this was caused by simply enabling compact
fonts or by doing it twice.

The results happen when you use compact mode and is a result of \glyphslant which keeps the value of the italic style even when you switch back to the upright style.

\enableexperiments[fonts.compact]

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Termes]
  [it={style:regular, features:{default,slanted}},
   sl={style:regular, features:{default,slanted}}]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
\tf h\showcurrentfont[]\crlf
\it h\showcurrentfont[]\crlf