On 3/10/2024 11:48 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Hans Hagen via ntg-context schrieb am 10.03.2024 um 10:46:
On 3/10/2024 9:32 AM, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:
On 3/9/24 16:04, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 08.03.2024 um 19:39:
[...]
    \enableexperiments[fonts.compact]

Which seeems weird to me. Or at least, I thought I read that Hans
enabled it by default in LMTX.

AFAIR Hans uses the setting in his own documents.

I have been using it for a while.

I hope the issue with \glyphslant might be fixed to enable it again.

Then my question is whether this was caused by simply enabling compact
fonts or by doing it twice.

The results happen when you use compact mode and is a result of
\glyphslant which keeps the value of the italic style even when you
switch back to the upright style.

Many thanks for your explaination,
using the low level commands

\glyphscale
\glyphxscale
\glyphyscale
\glyphslant
\glyphweight

directly can have side efects when at an outer level these are also set, so you need to accumulate, like

\starttext

test {\glyphscale 2000 test \glyphscale \numericscaled1.2\glyphscale test} test

test {\glyphslant  500 test \glyphslant \numericscaled2.0\glyphslant test} test

test {\glyphweight 100 test \glyphweight\numericscaled2.0\glyphweight test} test

\stoptext

The problem is that compact mode uses them to apply the slanted feature without any manual use of the commands from a user.

\enableexperiments[fonts.compact]

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Termes]
   [it={style:regular, features:{default,slanted}},
    sl={style:regular, features:{default,slanted}}]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

\startstyle[style=italic]normal {\em emphasized} normal\stopstyle

\stoptext

The only way to mask the effect is to create a new fontfeature with the minimum slant value and apply it to the upright style.

\definefontfeature [unslanted] [slant=0.001]

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Termes]
   [features={default,unslanted},
    it={style:regular, features:{default,slanted}},
    sl={style:regular, features:{default,slanted}}]
ok, i'll fix that (build is down so no update)

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /