On 6/22/2024 6:14 PM, Bryan Kaplan via ntg-context wrote:
On 2024-06-22 at 04:51:48-06:00, Bruce Horrocks set forth:
Not sure if this helps but a while back I was able to produce a Docker build of Context based on Alpine.

The instructions and Docker file are here:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98307.html <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98307.html>>

Thank you, Bruce. I appreciate your help, but I'm not sure it applies — please correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm running Alpine on bare metal, and the musl `luametatex` binary seems operable. The problem seems, as far as I can tell, that the installation failed to establish whatever settings provide defaults, which is why (for example) it has no format file by default. I could certainly be wrong, as this is very new to me.
i just tested again an install (using the latest musl installer) on an alpine WSL instance and it works ok; i can also process a tex file (when i set the path right as reported by the installer)

\starttext test \stoptext :

mkiv lua stats > used platform: linuxmusl-64, type: unix, binary subtree: texmf-linuxmusl-64 mkiv lua stats > used engine: luametatex version: 2.11.04, functionality level: 2024014, format id: 703, compiler: gcc mkiv lua stats > tex properties: 807106 hash slots used of 2097152, 52050 control sequences, approximate memory usage: 49 MB mkiv lua stats > lua properties: engine: lua 5.5, used memory: 57 MB, ctx: 54 MB, max: 54 MB, symbol mask: utf (τεχ) mkiv lua stats > runtime: 0.488 seconds, 1 processed pages, 1 shipped pages, 2.050 pages/second

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /