Am 24.06.24 um 14:39 schrieb Hans Hagen:
… the same "unknown script" error as without the symlink, when the luatex binary is found on the PATH. And yes, "mtxrun --generate --luatex" worked.

Might it be a conflict of texmfcnf.lua ?
could be ... there was some change between tl2023 and tl 2024 and then again after the tl 2024 release

and indeed this symlink chain is a problem, hard to follow also, and afaik a long term side effect of a gwtex / mactex / texlive transition

but i guess you can just install and then adapt the path to your liking, no need to operate in the texlive structure

Well, I use LMTX from its distribution and LaTeX from TeX live, and that’s usually enough. I just thought it would be nice to be able to check MkIV occasionally.

But even if I take LMTX out of my PATH, TL23’s context can’t make a format, neither LMTX nor MkIV.
I’ll try upgrading to TL24…

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /