Nikolai Weibull wrote:
I've followed the instructions listed at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation, but it won't quite
give.  The problem is that I use the Gentoo installation setup as a base
and have the latest ConTeXt installed in /usr/local/share.  Does anyone
know what options to pass to pdftex's configure-script to match the
setup on a Gentoo system (where stuff is stored in /etc/texmf and
/var/lib/texmf)?

It would be simplest (and definately justified) to ask this to the Gentoo maintainer, because (s)he has apparently succeeded in setting
that up (Gentoo's trees seem to bear only a passing resemblance to
teTeX and would be more accurately called Gentoo-TeX).

My best guess: find the non-etc version of texmf.cnf (I'm fairly
certain there is one), and attempt to pass the root of texmf tree
that contains it as  --datadir to the configure script.

Good luck,

Taco