I can't really think why it wouldn't work then. Perhaps it is to do
with \write18 and the right of TeX to run external programs? Or maybe
R on the mac does not take the same command-line options? In that case
the output of the texexec run should be revealing. R takes more than a
second to start up so there are noticable breaks in the output after
which error messages from R appear. Btw, the reason it does not work
on contextgarden is likely that R is not installed there.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance, Johan

2006/6/30, Matthew Routley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Johan,
>
> > It appears R is not found. Is it on the path? Does it have the same
> > name on the Mac?
>
> Yes, R is in the bath and is found in /usr/bin/R which is a link to
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R.
>
> Thanks for your help with this.
>
> Take care,
> Matt
>
> --
> Matthew Routley
> http://matt.routleynet.org

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell