\def\runR {\executesystemcommand{texmfstart --ifchanged=\Rfile\space
--direct R CMD BATCH "-q --save --restore \Rfile\space \Rfile.out"}}

or some such, I do not really understand the quoting. The invocation
should change, options should not and redirectors should go away. Not
sure if this is better or worse in any way.

Johan

2006/7/2, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Olaf Mersmann wrote:
> > Hi Hans,
> >
> > * Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [060702 13:25]:
> >
> >> one problem could be that R has this piping; i wonder why a program that
> >> takes a 50 meg installation does not support something --output or i
> >> must have missed something
> >>

> > R does support redirecting output to a file. Use
> >
> >   R CMD BATCH [options] <infile> <outfile>
> >
> currently we use:
>
> \def\runR {\executesystemcommand{texmfstart --ifchanged=\Rfile\space
> --direct R "-q --save --restore < \Rfile\space > \Rfile.out"}}
>
> so how should it look then?
>
> Hans

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell