Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ralf Schmitt wrote:
>>>  texmfstart ctxtools --updatecontext
>>>
>> does not work for me:
>>
>> $ texmfstart ctxtools --updatecontext
>> kpsewhich: option `--expand-var' requires an argument
>
> Do not worry about that until the rest of the install is correct, it
> may start working automagically.

I've tried  texmfstart ctxtools --update yesterday with the same result
on Fedora linux and it didn't start automagically :(

It was missing $TEXMFLOCAL defined. Should ctxtools read texmf.cnf where
this variable is definied or should it be defined somewhere else? It is
a general question. For the moment I've defined it locally.

BTW, it is confusing if old texexec says:

warning : use 'texmfstart texexec' instead

and Hans has created stubs which are called the same so finally one
should use texexec (new one, which calls texmstart). What is a prefered
command to refer to (mailing list, contextgarden)? texexec or texmfstart?

Should
./scripts/context/perl/texexec.pl
still be distributed?

And should
./scripts/context/ruby/newtexexec.rb
(and others new*.rb sripts) still be distributed if it significantly
differs from newer
./scripts/context/ruby/texexec.rb

Jano