On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 02:57:51PM +0100, Oliver Buerschaper wrote:
> May I ask a newbie question? How did you create the lemmas?

Hello,

today, lemmas can be based on description/enumeration mechanism (I believe
it's been in ConTeXt since circa January 2006).

Descriptions now accept parameter title=yes. Using that, you can provide a
title to the description. Have a look into core-des.tex.

> I found a mysterious "startlemma" in core-des.tex via the ConTeXt
> garden source browser but

Naturally, the example of lemma definition is commented out ;)

Copy
\defineenumeration[lemma][title=yes, titlestyle=\bs, list=lemma]
into your document and try to use
\startlemma{title of the lemma}
blah blah
\stoplemma

Check parameters of descriptions in the manual, you can find some options
related to the title mechanism.

Yours,
D.A.

P.S.: I've achieved the same functionality by means of ugly hacks that
depend on ConTeXt version strongly.  That's why I don't send you my
configuration.

--
Some perverse mathematicians use brackets backwards, to denote
``open intervals.''