Hi Taco,

talking about the bib module ... I usually get confused when I cite a
reference in the text but accidentally use the wrong citation key or
have forgotten to put the record into my bib file at all.  Instead of
screaming question marks in the pdf output ConTeXt tacidly typesets a
reference number and adds an empty entry to the list of references.
Is this really desired? After all, it makes tracking down the wrong
\cite command a bit of an issue ... admittedly some warnings show up
in the log but definitely not on the pdf printout. Would it be
possible to adopt the same error handling as for \in and friends?

Best,
Oliver