On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 02:53:41PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> This is strange. I have these \Omegas occuring without any problem!
>
> I also tried a minimal example:
> \starttext
> This should be Omega subscript s: $\Omega_s$
>
> This should be 2 times pi cdot 11: $2\pi \cdot 11$
> \stoptext
> and it showed up correct.

OK, so here's the diagnosis. The file you have quoted above is what I
used.

1. texexec test.tex: Gives a PDF which renders all symbols. However,
   the font display in Acrobat isn't perfect (it's a bit light), but
   should be perfect when printed.

2. texexec --dvi test.tex;dvips test.dvi;ps2pdf test.ps: Same result
   as the previous.

3. texexec --dvi test.tex;dvips -Ppdf test.dvi;ps2pdf test.ps: Oops!
   \cdot is missing!!!!

4. texexec --dvi test.tex;dvipdf test.dvi: Oops! \cdot is missing again!

If you still need test.log, I can upload it, but it doesn't have
anything strange. Also, as Taco had suggested regarding the map file,
I checked that original-public-lm.map has the entry for cmr10 etc.

Finally, hoping that I'm being smart, I have bzip2ed the output of
dvips -d 127 -Ppdf test.dvi. Please check the directories searched for
the map file; the directory in which original-public-lm resides is
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/context and it doesn't appear on
that list, but I'd like you to confirm.

Get it at http://www.ee.iitm.ac.in/~ee03b091/dvips_output.bz2

Thanks.

Kumar