Dnia Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:57:30PM +0100, Hans Hagen napisał(a):
> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
> > 1) when I substituted pagella for palatino, it stopped working;
>
> pagella has no typescripts, as long as gyre is not finished, we overload
>   the traditional fonts (font file remapping)
>
> > 2) and I still don't understand what's going on...
> >
> > I assume that \usetypescriptfile takes one argument, the name of the
> > file with definitions.  I assume that \usetypescript somehow defines a
>
> no, it filters ... see mfonts.pdf
>
> > typescript - but the syntax is unclear to me...  Finally, \setupbodyfont
> > seems clear - it actually "chooses" given font.  Am I right?
>
> inded, in this case, it selects a typeface (grep for palatino and ou
> will find a typeface definition)

Thanks for your prompt answers, Hans!  Things are starting to become
clear to me, although there is much to be understood...  I'll try to
write something on the wiki soon; hopefully this will clarify things to
other newcomers;).

> > OK.  That sounds good, especially that I'm planning to do some XML
> > typesetting using ConTeXt soon - I hope that example.pdf will be enough
> > for my purposes;).
>
> better consider switching to luatex/context mkiv then -)

Well, I'm a bit afraid of its experimental status..

> Hans

Greets,

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)