Hi all,

There now is a wiki page documenting the setup and maintenance of mkiv:

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV

The page can still be improved upon (of course), so if you know
of something that needs to be added or explained better, please do so.
I wrote this page with the texlive 2008 users in mind, but I think most
of it applies to the new context minimals as well.

For the people not on the texlive list: After ample consideration and
discussion, we have decided that texlive will not attempt to do any
configuration of mkiv at all other than making sure the three commands
(luatools, mtxrun, context) are available in the bin directory.

Everything else is left up to the user. But of course we don't want
every single texlive context user to ask the same set of questions
again and again, so it is helpful to have a wiki page that explains
post-install configuration and maintenance. If you are a mkiv user
already, or willing to experiment trying to get mkiv running, please
have a look at that wiki page.

By the way, context on texlive2008 will be 2008.05.21. Mkii (pdftex
as well as xetex) runs out of the box, no post-install intervention
needed. But if someone is willing to do some extra tests, that will
be much appreciated. How to beta-test texlive2008 is explained in

   ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlnet/tldev/README

Best wishes,
Taco