Hi,

1.) Minimal example:

\usetypescript[iwona]
\setupbodyfont[iwona]
\starttext
$a+b$
\stoptext

Output:

!define font    : font with name Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular is not found
!define font    : unknown font Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular, loading aborted
!define font    : unable to define Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular as
\*iwona6ptmmmr33*
!define font    : font with name Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular is not found
!define font    : unknown font Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular, loading aborted
!define font    : unable to define Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular as
\*iwona8ptmmmr22*
!define font    : font with name Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular is not found
!define font    : unknown font Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular, loading aborted
!define font    : unable to define Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular as
\*iwona11ptmmmr11*
!define font    : font with name Iwona-Math-Letters-Regular is not found

etc. I need to figure out why, though it works (I don't see
deficiencies in output yet).

hmm runs ok here ... but as i removed some old iwona stuff from type-otf after our mail exchange i'll make a new beta; also math is not defined in the typescript but in a lfg file

2.) Recently discussed on the mailing list - stopper has no influence in MKIV:

\setupcaptions[stopper={:}]
\starttext
\placefigure{title}{\framed{bla}}
\stoptext

subtle difference:

\setupcaptions[numberstopper={:}]
\starttext
\placefigure{title}{\framed{bla}}
\stoptext

all stopper, separator etc things are now more explicit as we have more control

3.) Bibliography citations give different result with the same setup
(different numbers and different spacing in \placepublication - might
be also worth testing with grid typesetting as I wasn't able to set up
the alignment properly in MKII last time when I have tried). I'm not
sure which one is right, but there's probably no reason to produce
different results.

\usemodule
        [bib]
\setuppublications
        [alternative=num,
         criterium=all,
         sorttype=cite]

\starttext
\startpublication[k=a,t=article]\arttitle{a}\stoppublication
\startpublication[k=b,t=article]\arttitle{b}\stoppublication
\startpublication[k=c,t=article]\arttitle{c}\stoppublication

x\cite[a,b,c]

\placepublications
\stoptext

as i never used citations i don't know what you expect ... best ask Thomas what you should expect ... anyway, i'll make a template for the xml approach which is more fun

4.) The following problem must have appeared recently (it was working
ok in September): in MKII the encoding is completely screwed up:

\usemodule[gnuplot]
\enableregime[utf-8]

\starttext
\startGNUPLOTscript[integrated risetime]
plot sin(x) t 'šin(čix)'
\stopGNUPLOTscript
\useGNUPLOTgraphic[integrated risetime][1]
\stoptext

A slightly more basic example:

\enableregime[utf-8]
\starttext
\startbuffer[gnu]
\startMPcode
draw \sometxt{čšž};
\stopMPcode
\stopbuffer
čšž
\getbuffer[gnu]
\stoptext

hm, i get a pdf file with

čšž čšž

so what happens at your end?

5.) Weird formula number placement when long equations are used in MKIV

\def\oklepaj#1{\left(#1\right)}
\starttext
\placeformula
\startformula
{\dot N}(t)=

A\oklepaj{\exp\oklepaj{-\frac{t-t_0}{τ_{\text{eksp.}}}}-\exp\oklepaj{-\frac{t-t_0}{τ_{\text{fast}}}}}+

B\oklepaj{\exp\oklepaj{-\frac{t-t_0}{τ_{\text{eksp.}}}}-\exp\oklepaj{-\frac{t-t_0}{τ_{\text{slow}}}}}
\stopformula
\stoptext

weird indeed, must be something basis as

$$111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111\normalreqno{!!}$$

also has it .. taco just confirmed that it must be something in luatex itself

6.) I know that \NR is not the most appropriate way to go into next
row, but the following gives considerably different results in MKII
and MKIV:

\starttable[|l|]
\NC \type{a} \NC\NR
\NC \type{a} \NC\NR
\NC \type{a} \NC\NR
\stoptable

probably because \type has no strut in mkiv ... maybe it should have

7.) I know that there's a longstanding left vs. right bug, but

hey, it's spec, no bug (as left is short for raggedleft)

flushleft is no solution in the following case (compare MKII and MKIV
again):

\definedescription
   [latexdesc]

[headstyle={\ss\bf},style=normal,align=left,location=hanging,width=fit,margin=0cm]

\latexdesc{step E (expectation):} \input tufte

\latexdesc{step M (maximization):} \input tufte

just omit the align=left (was not handled in mkii)

also, commands starting with \latex behave unpredictable in mkiv due to luigis compatibility mode

8.)

\definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath] [latin-modern] [default]
\starttext
$\boldsymbol{\theta}$
\stoptext

sure, boldmath is now done differently: we have either unicode bold or full bold and full bold has never been checked (keep in mind that in unicode not all symbols have a bold variant

9.) Note the big difference of when the formula starts vertically on page:

\starttext
\startformula
a+b
\stopformula
\stoptext

interesting, i need to look into that

10.) Different square root shape/variant used:

$\frac{1}{\sqrt{2πσ_i^2}}$

Original formula:
\startformula
\startcases
   \NC ρ_0, \NC for $i=0$, \NR
   \NC
ρ_i\,\frac{1}{\sqrt{2πσ_i^2}}\exp\biggl(-\frac{\left(x_j-μ_i\right)^2}{2σ_i^2}\biggr),
\NC for $i\in\left\{1,2\right\}$. \NR
\stopcases
\stopformula
but I cannot reproduce the big difference it makes in original
document on a smaller scale.

hm, probably not the only difference as we do math differently

11.) Missing bibliography entries:

\usemodule[bib]
% this line spoils the show
\setuppublications[alternative=num]

\setuppublicationlayout[webpage]{%
        \inserttitle{\bgroup\it }{\egroup. }{}%
        \inserturl{}{}{}%
}

\startpublication
        [k=FAIR,t=webpage,u=http://www.gsi.de/fair/]
        \biburl{http://www.gsi.de/fair/}
        \title{FAIR -- Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research}
\stoppublication

\starttext
\cite[FAIR]\par
\placepublications
\stoptext

magic to me, but we can look into bib mess stuff later

12.) \nocite[nonexistent] generates an empty [n] in bibliography in
MKII, while it has zero effect in MKIV (it should at least generate an
error).

you may make a tracker of this

13.) Different spacing

\setupwhitespace[big]
\def\dictentry#1#2{\hbox{\bf#1}\hbox{\hbox to 1em{}\hbox{#2}}\blank[4mm]}
\starttext
\dictentry{clipping}{preboj}
\dictentry{clustering}{gručenje}
\stoptext

looks like a mkii problem

14.) Two very weird issues with section alignments, but I'll continue
later - I need some fresh air now.

------
What's the following BEWARE useful for?

systems         : BEWARE: syntex functionality is enabled!

to warn me of a slower run and some potentially big extra file

well, now *i* need fresh air -)