On Wed, 12 May 2010, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

7.) I know that there's a longstanding left vs. right bug, but
flushleft is no solution in the following case (compare MKII and MKIV
again):

\definedescription
 [latexdesc]

[headstyle={\ss\bf},style=normal,align=left,location=hanging,width=fit,margin=0cm]

\latexdesc{step E (expectation):} \input tufte

\latexdesc{step M (maximization):} \input tufte

Isn't MkIV output correct in this case? MkII is simply ignoring the align key. (Try with align=middle)

8.)

\definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath] [latin-modern] [default]
\starttext
$\boldsymbol{\theta}$
\stoptext

9.) Note the big difference of when the formula starts vertically on page:

\starttext
\startformula
a+b
\stopformula
\stoptext

10.) Different square root shape/variant used:

$\frac{1}{\sqrt{2πσ_i^2}}$

Original formula:
\startformula
\startcases
 \NC ρ_0, \NC for $i=0$, \NR
 \NC  ρ_i\,\frac{1}{\sqrt{2πσ_i^2}}
\exp\biggl(-\frac{\left(x_j-μ_i\right)^2}{2σ_i^2}\biggr), \NC for $i\in\left\{1,2\right\}$. \NR
\stopcases
\stopformula
but I cannot reproduce the big difference it makes in original document on a smaller scale.

Taco, is there a difference between the default math parameters for MkIV?

13.) Different spacing

\setupwhitespace[big]
\def\dictentry#1#2{\hbox{\bf#1}\hbox{\hbox to 1em{}\hbox{#2}}\blank[4mm]}
\starttext
\dictentry{clipping}{preboj}
\dictentry{clustering}{gručenje}
\stoptext

Vertical spacing has been completely redone in MkIV. There is much more control now, so you should be able to get MkII behavour, if that is what you want in this case.

What's the following BEWARE useful for?

systems         : BEWARE: syntex functionality is enabled!

A typo. That should say *synctex* and not *syntex*.

See Synctex and Context at http://itexmac.sourceforge.net/SyncTeX.html

Aditya