On 13-5-2010 10:06, Khaled Hosny wrote:

Nothing special, I always expect interline space to be fixed, I don't
know if TeX always make interline spacing variable, but this wasn't an
issue with English text. However, with Arabic, Tashkil marks seems to
always cause a noticeable extra whitespace above the line.
See the uneven distribution of vertical whitespace in this example (it
can be even worse than this in reality):

for arabic you really need to set the interline space (idris might have more input on this)

- it has more height than depth
- vowels add to the height of the line
- tex adds some interline space when lines touch

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Arabic Typesetting][features=arabic]

\starttext
\pardir TRT\textdir TRT
\dorecurse{10}{\dorecurse{20}{نص عربي } نَصُّ مُشكَّل \dorecurse{20}{نص عربي}}
\stoptext

Regards,
  Khaled