On 13-5-2010 8:34, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Dear Hans,

(I'll answer the rest later)

Did you try to run that with MKII? MKIV works fine (I know that the
title was a bit misleading). I get the characters from font that are
equal to the second byte of UTF-8 representation of input character.

you probably need to enable utf8 in the mp environment then

But it has always worked perfectly until recently. And it's not really
mp environment. I suspect that the text gets typeset with TeX, not
with metapost, so metapost enviroment should not really count.

I have a version of ConTeXt that dates back to
     2009.11.24 10:13
and in that one it still works properly. In version
     2010.02.26 10:57
it is broken.

hm, let's move this off list then ... (just make very small for sure failing tests that i then can add to the test suite)

You know ... you have written a devoted \startsimplethesis for me,
don't you remember :)
Random images and equations were included there as well, I just
extended macros a bit to adapt the result to the expertise of each
jury member last september :)

surely i remember and i'm working on a more advanced version for your upcoming thesis, with automatic bibliographic references and so, but i'll only finish it when you will use mkiv

What can I do?

make a complete test as small as possible

It doesn't get much simpler than the following:

\usemodule[bib]
% this line spoils the show

% this example spoils my weekend

\setuppublications[alternative=num]
\setuppublicationlayout[webpage]{\inserturl{}{}{}}
\startpublication[k=pragma,t=webpage]
\biburl{http://www.pragma-ade.com}
\stoppublication

\starttext
\cite[pragma]\par\placepublications
\stoptext

hm, you set it to num and get a num only? i'll have to check what happens