Am 05.10.2010 um 16:18 schrieb Talal Al-Azem:

> Thanks Wolfgang. That makes that matter clearer. But how do I get those
> Arabic footnotes to be right aligned as well?

\definenote[afootnote][numberconversion=set
2,paragraph=yes,rule=right,align={flushright,righttoleft}]

> May I also ask: what is the purpose, at least in my example that I'm learning
> from, of:
> \definefontfeature[arabic][default][mode=node,script=arabic] ?
>
> I ask, because when I switched it from [default][default] to
> [arabic][default] as you suggested, the Arabic glyphs no longer connected,
> and the text actually spilled over into the footnote space. When I commented
> it out, the glyphs connected again.

With my setting you create a new font feature ”arabic” which inherits the
setting from the ”default” features with the extra settings “mode=node” and
”script=arabic” while your settings extends the ”default” features with these
values. I did this because you use the ”arabic” font feature in the
\definemainfontfallback setup but i forgot that context already has a “arabic”
feature which enables a lot of font options which you need.

> Finally, so that I can start learning on my own without bothering you and
> everyone else on the list, where would I have systematically found a
> discussion of RtL feaures such as rule=right?

Maybe in the list archive but often such things are discussed offline, i found
it myself in the source.

> Or are there any preexisting example files of complicated Arabic that I could
> study and learn from?

I guess the wiki page you already know is currently the only source.

Wolfgang