On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

- Does it help if you replace "~" with "/Users/yourname" in
texmfcnf.lua? During the ConTeXt conference (and that was more recent
than the current version of ConTeXt) the tilde didn't expand properly
in some cases and I'm still not sure if it works flawlessly now.

 I don't think so; I never finished the code I started to write for
Hans then.

Does $HOME work? That may be better than hard coding /Users/yourname.

Aditya