On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>
>>> - Does it help if you replace "~" with "/Users/yourname" in
>>> texmfcnf.lua? During the ConTeXt conference (and that was more recent
>>> than the current version of ConTeXt) the tilde didn't expand properly
>>> in some cases and I'm still not sure if it works flawlessly now.
>>
>>  I don't think so; I never finished the code I started to write for
>> Hans then.
>
> Does $HOME work? That may be better than hard coding /Users/yourname.
>
> Aditya

No, but I've discerned that the:

 return {
           content = {
                   TEXMFCACHE = '~/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var',
                   TEXMFHOME  = '~/src/texmf-trms',
           },
           TEXMFCACHE = '~/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var',
   }

modification does not work for the MacTeX/TeXLive install. It needs to

TEXMFCACHE = '$HOME/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var'

...varient.

BTW: the last coma after the last TEXMFCACHE entry didn't look right,
but deleting it did nothing. I tried combinations of order and $HOME
for only TEXMFCACHE, etc. Nothing changed it. All of this testing was
not on the tlcontrib tree. It was only on the MacTeX tree. Therefore,
I may be saying things that you already know.

Now that I understand why I was getting the "v table value" error, I
may try merge in the tlconfrib tree in, just for... you know... fun!
Then I'll try the $HOME variants on that configuration and let you
know.

Thanks all!