On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 13:05, Mari Voipio <mari.voi...@iki.fi> wrote:
> Also, now 2UP fails totally:

This morning I updated my ConTeXt to assumably newest version (ver:
2012.01.11 14:58 MKIV  fmt: 2012.1.12) and it is back to square 1 with
2UP: it doesn't hang, but the resulting A4 landscape sheet file only
contains blank sheets.

I also found, that e.g. the following works if I force MKII, but MKIV
crashes on it, and it did not do that on Tuesday:

\setuppapersize[A6][A3,landscape] %individual page A6 size, print size A3
\setuparranging[1*8] %makes an 8 page gathering when folded (duplex printing!)
\setuplayout
  [backspace=0pt,
    topspace=0pt,
       width=middle,
      height=middle,
    location=middle,
      header=0pt,
      footer=0pt]

\starttext

\insertpages
  [file.pdf][width=0pt]

\stoptext

Log message:
system          > 4.4 arranged at 4
! Missing { inserted.

system          > tex > error on line 16 in file
seremoniakirja_booklet.tex: Missing { inserted ...

 6            width=middle,
 7           height=middle,
 8         location=middle,
 9           header=0pt,
10           footer=0pt]
11
12     \starttext
13
14     \insertpages
15       [Aarni_seremoniakirja.pdf][width=0pt]
16 >>
17     \stoptext

<to be read again>
                   \hbox
\grph_rotate_finish_indeed ->\hbox
                                   \bgroup \ifx \p_rotation_rotation \empty ...
\syst_boxes_with_next_box ...rotate_finish_indeed
                                                  \egroup \egroup
\handlearrangedpageXandY ...80\fi }\hbox {\box #1}
                                                  \vfill }\wd \scratchbox \z...
\pusharrangedpage ...eXandY {#1}131\arrangedpageA
                                                  \or \handlearrangedpageXan...
\page_shipouts_arrange ...rrangedpage \scratchbox
                                                  \deadcycles \zerocount \en...
l.16

Good news is that I obviously can rely on MKII to postprocess pdf:s
(2UP works there, too), so my somewhat urgent current project just
became unstuck. :-)

Regards,

Mari