Am 14.12.2012 um 17:18 schrieb Andre Caldas <andre.em.cal...@gmail.com>:

>>> I have one question:
>>> - What does it happen when there is a quotation mark (") inside the
>>> parameter? Do I need to "escape" the contents passed to the macro?
>>

>> No you don’t have to but you could have checked yourself :)
>
> Sorry... I didn't try it when I asked, but I had the impression I did
> try it before. In my case, if I use
> \uncover[2,"3]{xxxx}
> I get the error: =P
> ! LuaTeX error <main ctx instance>:1: ')' expected near '3'.

You’re trying to pass a single " to Lua which doesn’t work because you use ""
in your Lua code for the string.

When you change your definition for \uncover to

\unexpanded\def\uncover[#1]%
  {\ctxlua{
     distance = simplesteps.distance_to_step(\!!bs#1\!!es)
  }}

it works because the " is now only part of the string.

Wolfgang