Hello, OK!

> You were so quick to write your module…
> Thanks for sharing,

:-)

> but I could not typeset the example file you sent:
> I didn't get whether your file simplesteps.mkiv should be renamed

I did this on my machine:
1. Copy simplesteps.{lua,mkiv} to
texmf-local/tex/context/third/simplesteps/
In my case, it is here:
/home/andre/context_standalone/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/simplesteps

2. Clear the cache.
I don't really know the proper way to do that. So, I just removed the
directory texmf-cache. In my case:
rm /home/andre/context_standalone/tex/texmf-cache/ -rf

3. Compile:
context simpletest.tex

> Maybe after you apply the changes suggested
> by Wolfgang and Philip you are going to repost your moudle?

The module will be here:
https://bitbucket.org/andrecaldas/context-simplesteps

Hopefully, one day, here... ;-)
http://modules.contextgarden.net/