>>  \begingroup
>>  \grabbufferdata[simplesteps][startframe][stopframe]%
>> }
>
> With the \grabbufferdata command the content beginning from \startframe until
> \stopframe is stored in a buffer with the name “simplesteps”.

(1) What does the \begingroup do? I could not find a \endgroup in the
patch, nor in the module code.

(2) I've approximately documented grabbufferdata here:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/grabbufferdata
But when I tried to write a minimal example, I couldn't get it to compile.

%% begin example
\grabbufferdata[mybuffer][thisisthestart][thisistheend]
\thisisthestart
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desparate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.
\thisistheend

\typebuffer[mybuffer]
%% end example

What am I doing wrong? And is the description I put on the wiki correct?

Cheers,
Sietse