Am 15.12.2012 um 11:28 schrieb Sietse Brouwer <sbbrou...@gmail.com>:

>>> \begingroup
>>> \grabbufferdata[simplesteps][startframe][stopframe]%
>>> }
>>
>> With the \grabbufferdata command the content beginning from \startframe
>> until \stopframe is stored in a buffer with the name “simplesteps”.
>
> (1) What does the \begingroup do? I could not find a \endgroup in the
> patch, nor in the module code.
>
> (2) I've approximately documented grabbufferdata here:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/grabbufferdata
> But when I tried to write a minimal example, I couldn't get it to compile.
>
> %% begin example
> \grabbufferdata[mybuffer][thisisthestart][thisistheend]
> \thisisthestart
> My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
> To children ardent for some desparate glory,
> The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
> Pro patria mori.
> \thisistheend
>
> \typebuffer[mybuffer]
> %% end example
>
> What am I doing wrong? And is the description I put on the wiki correct?

The \grabbufferdata command reads only all text until the end command (e.g.
\thisistheend)
but the beginning command for the buffer (e.g. thisisthestart) has to be
defined by the user.

You have to give the name of begin command because context has to know it when
buffers
are nested (I will a explanation about this in another thread).

\starttext

\def\thisisthestart
  {\grabbufferdata[mybuffer][thisisthestart][thisistheend]}

\thisisthestart
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desparate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.
\thisistheend

\typebuffer[mybuffer]