On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Hans Hagen wrote:

you only need modules for special kind of functionality or rendering (like presentations) although one can make presentations without extra modules (just set the papersize to S6 or so)

I created an example to show how to create basic slides from scratch.

https://github.com/adityam/context-slides-example/commits/master

The first commit starts with a basic skeleton document, Each additional commit adds new functionality (pagesetup, layout, fonts, heads, style, bullets) and shows how to incrementally add features to a style. When I get the time, I'll add code to show how to create a titlepage etc.

Basically, you don't need any modules for slides as creating your own style is relatively simple

Added the code for creating titlepage as well. See the complete example at:

https://github.com/adityam/context-slides-example/blame/master/slides.tex

Thus, one can get a completely functional presentation style by just tweaking around 10 setups. The only non-trivial part of this setup is

\unprotect
\c_strc_itemgroups_spacing_mode\plusone
\protect

which is needed to get the correct vertical spacing around the second level of itemizations.

Aditya