On 2/6/2013 5:54 PM, Musall Maik wrote:

Am 20.01.2013 um 03:42 schrieb Hongwen Qiu <qiuhong...@gmail.com
<mailto:qiuhong...@gmail.com>>:

On 01/20/2013 12:42 AM, 土卜皿 wrote:

    luatex has not been updated after executing

first-setup.sh --keep, what should I do for updating Luatex?
Usually, luatex get updated regularly along with ConTeXt updating. If
for some reason, you want to use the latest luatex binary, you need to
compile it from source code yourself. If you have difficultly compile
binary from source, you can ask others to compile for you, or just
wait for the binary to eventually come into the ConTeXt repo.

Normally meaning: when there is a release. Beta's of luatex normally are not ending up in the mininimals unless we decide to to so.

I'm experiencing the same kpathsea/cnf.c assertion failure when doing
"mtxrun --script fonts --reload". ConTeXt minimals still has luatex
version beta-0.74.0-2012122517, and the source code server
http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/project/luatex has been unreachable for days.

Hm, context doesn't use the kpse lib.

So, what options do I have to get luatex 0.75 to get my installation
working again? Or is there a planned time frame when 0.75 is scheduled
to be integrated in the distribution?

The supelec server is being replaced / updates so that's why it's unreachable for a while. The 0.75 version is not yet official (and I know of at least one bug that needs to be solved before it can be).

As soon as 0.75 is out there will also be a context beta thats in principle could give somewhat faster runs depending on what trickery is used.

At the same time there will also be a luajittex update that is in sync with luatex. Luigi and I test both versions and so far no issues have been seen so in principle it can be a drop-in for those who need faster runs in production.