On 2013–08–19 Martin Moncrieffe wrote:

> Hopefully, this is the correct list for this question.  I'm trying
> to typeset documents using the font Hoefler on MacOSX (10.8.4)
> with ConTeXt 2013.05.28 from the TeXlive 2013 distribution.  All
> works, but unfortunately, em dashes are not typeset correctly;
> there are three dashes instead of a continuous line.

The font (at least my version) does not contain an em dash in slot
U+2014.

> I'm obviously missing something and would appreciate help in correcting this.

It rather seems that not you, but the font is missing something.

> A minimal example that produces the error is:
>
> \usetypescriptfile[osx]
> \usetypescript[hoefler]
> \setupbodyfont[hoefler,11pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> A test of Hoefler at 10 pt. The  emdash--- does not work...
>
> \stoptext
>

> files are compiled using "context myfile.tex"

I get the same result here. However, if I compile with

  context --jit myfile.tex

I get Latin Modern instead of Hoefler. From the log file:

  fonts  > defining > font with asked name 'hoeflertext' is not found using
lookup 'name'
  fonts  > defining > unknown font 'hoeflertext', loading aborted
  fonts  > defining > unable to define 'hoeflertext' as
'hoefler-12pt-rm-tf-0--0'

The font is there:

  mtxrun --script fonts --list --all hoefler

  hoeflertext          hoeflertext   /home/marco/.fonts/HoeflerText.otf
  hoeflertextnormal    hoeflertext   /home/marco/.fonts/HoeflerText.otf
  hoeflertextregular   hoeflertext   /home/marco/.fonts/HoeflerText.otf

Why does the font lookup differ between luatex and luajittex?

Hoefler Version: OTF 1.0;PS 001.001;Core 116;AOCW 1.0 161

Marco